- This event has passed.
Customer Advocacy: A Key Element of Successful Marketing
March 5, 2020 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm UTC-5
Even enthusiastic marketing practitioners struggle with engaging customers, prioritizing program components, building a business case for executive budget and support and creating a repeatable and sustainable program. Join us as we dig into customer marketing and advocacy with DC’s leading expert, Barbara Thomas.
In this session, we’ll learn:
– What is customer advocacy and what it might mean to your organization?
– How to define/articulate the key objectives of a customer advocacy, design a program, determine necessary martech, and outline KPIs for dashboards and reporting?
– Which customers make the best advocates, their personas and motivators to engage?
– How to calculate the true value of an advocate?
– Determining timelines for programs, technology and skills needed to execute a customer advocacy program?
– How to develop a RACI, policies for teams involved, and create workflow to integrate into other marketing programs?
– When and who to communicate the customer advocacy program’s value to internal stakeholders for department success or personal career growth?
– How to turn engaged customers into a powerful army of advocates creating the content needed, the best type of content to use in the marketing and sales pipeline to best influence opportunities?
Barbara will share her knowledge, stories about client success and failures and some primary industry research from Yesler to help support strategic marketing planning. Bring your copy of her book “Advocate Marketing” for her to sign before and after the event.
6:00 pm: Networking
6:30 pm: Opening Remarks
6:45 pm: Presentation featuring Barbara Thomas, CDM, CeM, Customer Advocate Marketing, Storytelling & Reference Expert
7:45 pm: Wrap up, and networking
Barbara Thomas is an award-winning marketing leader and author of Advocate Marketing: Strategies for Building Buzz, Leveraging Customer Satisfaction, and Creating Relationships published by Pearson Publishers. As senior advocacy strategist at Yesler, Inc in Seattle, WA, she’s worked with many clients such as Microsoft, Riverbed, Enviance, National Purchasing Partners, and has created customer advocacy and marketing programs for IHS Market, GEICO, Symantec, and more. As the owner of Creative Tactics in N. Potomac, MD , she’s certified with Pragmatic Marketing, eMarketer Association, Hubspot, Influitive, and the Interactive Marketing Institute and Direct Marketer Association of Washington DC. She serves on advisory boards for technology firms and is based in the Washington DC metro area. Follow Barbara at www.linkedin.com/in/barbara-thomas-marketing-expert.
Enablix helps B2B marketing teams scale their content to drive sales enablement. With Enablix, marketers can arm their sales team with trusted and winning content through the buyer’s journey. Learn more at https://enablix.com/
Disclaimer: As usual, we’ll take photos and video, so be aware that you just might show up in one. Attendance means consent to photos and video.
Industrious is a premium flexible workspace provider that blends invigorating design with thoughtful amenities and hospitality. They support their members’ growth and make them proud and excited to come to work!
Learn more at https://www.industriousoffice.com/washington-dc/arlington-court-house or drop by and see for yourself.